A 3-year-old Murrieta boy ended up in the hospital over the weekend after he got into his grandma’s chocolate chip cookies laced with pot.
A 3-year-old Murrieta boy ended up in the hospital over the weekend after he got into his grandma’s special chocolate chip cookies while no one was looking.
Little did he know, the cookies were not for kids. They were laced with a medical marijuana concentrate, police said.
The grandmother, who has been diagnosed with cancer, had a doctor’s recommendation for marijuana to treat her pain and to help her sleep, Sgt. Phil Gomez said. Days before, she had baked THC oil into a batch of cookies and tucked them away in a garage refrigerator. THC is the active chemical in marijuana.
Murrieta police were called out to the family’s house in the 24000 block of Cambria Lane about 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 30, after the toddler did not wake up despite a long night’s sleep and the family realized he might have eaten the cookies.
An aunt had been babysitting the boy and his younger sibling Friday while the father was out, Gomez said. When the father returned that afternoon, he noticed crumbs on the garage floor but assumed the child’s grandmother had been into the cookies.
Read More: The Press-Enterprise.com